Home > Sustainable Energy > Energy Codes > Residential


For certification of compliance with the Residential Energy Code, fill out the EC-1 form and submit it to the PUC.

    Please mail your applications to:

    New Hampshire Public Utilities Commission
    21 S. Fruit St, Suite 10
    Concord, N.H. 03301-2429

    Or FAX to 603 271-3878

    Or scan and e-mail to energycodes@puc.nh.gov. PDF attachments are preferred but we will try to work with whatever you submit.


Town of Durham ordinance #2011-02 requires compliance with Climate Zone 6 provisions of the 2018 IECC.  Contact the town http://ci.durham.nh.us/DEPARTMENTS/building/building.htm directly for information.

City of Keene http://ci.keene.nh.us/departments/code-enforcement and town of Bedford http://www.bedfordnh.org/Pages/BedfordNH_CodeEnforcement/index work directly with the energy code.  Please contact their building departments.


    REScheck Software Tool

    REScheck should be used only if your structure will not meet the code requirements laid out in the EC-1 form. NOTE: REScheck will not allow trade-offs for high efficiency heating systems.

    If you wish to use the software approach to prove compliance of residential structures with the code you should download the latest version of REScheck Software. Click on Code on the toolbar and set to 2009 IECC.

    Then set the State to New Hampshire and City to the municipality where the project is planned. For construction planned in Durham, set the City to “Concord”.

    You MUST submit page 1 of the EC-1 form and simple building plans with a REScheck filing.


Alternative means for showing compliance

For questions on the new code or help with these applications you may contact us at 603-271-6306 or e-mail EnergyCodes@puc.nh.gov

Internet Explorer Users:
(other browser instructions may vary slightly)

If you are having difficulties printing these forms try saving the PDF files to your pc first and print it from there. Simply right click on the link and select "Save target as...", choose location to save file and click Save. If you are still having difficulties you may need update your Adobe Acrobat Reader. For the latest version of Adobe use the link available on our links page.

Return to top of page


An Official Web Site for New Hampshire Government