APPLICABILITY: The NH Energy Code applies in every community in
the state of New Hampshire. (RSA 155:D)  

INSULATING EXISTING BASEMENTS:   A basement which is being
converted to living space does not need to comply with the NH
Energy Code or require code approval.  It should be recognized,
however, that heating degree days are similar for below grade
walls and above grade walls, so every voluntary effort should be
made to insulate those walls and/or exposed slab edges.

CHURCHES: Churches are required to conform to the provisions of
the appropriate NH Energy Code, Residential if under 4000 sq feet
or Commercial if 4000 sq feet or over.

HEATING SYSTEM PIPING: Hydronic heating system pipes must be
insulated to R-4 where they are outside the conditioned space of
the structure in residential construction.  For example, if they
are in an uninsulated basement or in a chase outside of the
insulated envelope they must be insulated.  

HOT AIR DUCTS: Furnace ducts must be insulated and sealed to at
least R-3 where they run outside of the conditioned space of the
structure in residential construction.  

SLOPED CEILINGS: Slopes may be entered into NHcheck as "Raised
Truss" construction if the full R-value of the insulation is
achieved over its entire width, for example, knee walls are not
notched into the rafters.

LOG HOMES: Log walls should be entered as having a thickness of
7" when using Nhcheck unless the dimensions of the logs are
greater than 7".