Upcoming Events & Seminars
|If you would like an event, course or seminar added to this page, please email your request, along with a flyer or link to the event with all pertinent information included to Diane Bateman. Thank you.
- 2013 New Hampshire Energy Seminar - 12/11/2013
On December 11, the Business and Industry Association will be presenting a half-day conference focused on energy issues in the State of New Hampshire. The conference will run from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Radisson Hotel, Manchester. The cost to attend is $60 per person for BIA and Capitol Connect members or $75 per person for non members.
- Building Operator Certification Training with a 50/50 Scholarship
Lakes Region Community College is offering its 8-day Building Operator Certification class running every other Friday from August 23 through November 22. Experienced facilities management staff who successfully complete this program are awarded the nationally recognized Building Operator Level I Certification.
New Hampshire customers of PSNH, Unitil, NHEC or Liberty Utilities are eligible to receive a 50% scholarship, reducing the tuition from $1,480 to $740. Please reply for registration details. If you miss this one, the next BOC course is being planned to start late winter 2014.
- BPI Testing in Late August
LRCC is again offering BPI Building Analyst written testing ($250) on Wed., Aug. 28, and BA field testing ($450) on Thu., Aug. 29 or thereabouts. We also plan additional BPI testing in November, with online and field review sessions available. Please also reply for registration details.
- LRCC Energy Programs Continue
The grant-funded Efficiency Training Program with LRCC, Plymouth Area Renewable Energy Initiative and the NH Division of Economic Development has been completed. We thank all who have participated in ETP programs, and some programs such as BPI and BOC will continue at a smaller scale. The need continues... If you are curious about a 3-page Getting to a Qualified Residential Retrofit NH CORE Workforce white paper I just produced, please give a holler.
- am happy to announce that I am continuing at LRCC in the Energy Services and Technology department. The award-winning 2-year EST degree program provides an excellent grounding for students and professionals in the energy field, with an outstanding job placement record. Look to LRCC for excellent courses across the energy field, from solar installation to lighting economics. This fall Renewable Energy Sources and Introduction to Residential Energy will be offered by Prof. Wes Golomb as online 3-credit courses starting in early Sept. Check out the complete Fall 2013 LRCC college course offerings. Regards,
Andy Duncan, Lakes Region Community College, tel. 603-366-5329.
Sustainable Energy Forum at Lake Region Community College, Saturday April 27, 2013, 9am-2:30pm. (Preregistration encouraged.)
Clean Air Social, April 18, 2013, 5:30pm-7:30pm, 75 Congress St., Portsmouth, NH
- 5th Annual Local Energy Solutions Conference, April 13, 2013, 8:30am-3:30pm, Winnisquam Regional High School, Tilton, NH